Monday, April 07, 2008

Raphi Does "She Blinded Me With Science"

From YouTube: "My nine-year-old son was diagnosed with autism at age three... and is completely nuts about 80s hi-tech musical wiz Thomas Dolby. Here he does his version of TD's biggest hit...on pretend instruments he made himself, and doing percussion, vocals and all instruments orally."

I recorded the mp3 off the video. It's a great performance, full of uninhibited energy, and is actually quite accurate - I swear he knows all the lyrics. Recording quality's not great, but that's not his fault.

Raphi "She Blinded Me With Science" (video)
Raphi "She Blinded Me With Science" (mp3)

3 comments:

China said...

This is the craziest thing I've heard in ages!!

Anonymous said...

Hey -- Karen Wehrstein (the mom) here.

Recording quality sucks because I recorded it, on a whim, on my cellphone!

He doesn't just know the lyrics to "She Blinded Me With Science." He knows the lyrics to EVERY THOMAS DOLBY SONG THERE IS. And the tunes. I bought him a keyboard for Christmas (shortly after shooting this video), he started picking out the songs by ear right away, and now he and I do "Budapest by Blimp" together. We'll post that on YouTube once we have it good enough...

Mr Fab said...

Ah,a cellphone - that explains it!

Thanks Ms. Wehrstein, I certainly hope to hear/see more from Raphi. I quite liked Thomas Dolby too, in my Eighties boyhood.