Saturday, March 28, 2009

The DJ Useo Music For Maniacs Podcast Tribute

Here's a fantastic 90+ minutes of novelty and oddball recordings inspired by this here blog. Some we posted here originally, most we didn't. Includes: '50 kiddie records, Space Age/electro, New Wave weirdness, crazy covers, comedy/satire, private press eccentrics and mashups/sound collage.

I'm flattered! Thanks muchly to DJ Useo for such a wildly entertaining tribute.

The DJ Useo Music For Maniacs Podcast Tribute

01-I Wanna Be Your Dog- The 7 Stooges

02-Rat Fink- Allan Sherman

03-More Than A Feeling - Dondero High School

04-I Hate Banks - Mojo Nixon
05-Be Nice - Fry & Laurie
06-Embetterment Ingrinable - The George Bush Singers

07-Polly Wolly Doodle - Burl Ives
08-Dr. Seuss - Fox in Socks - Walt Kelly
09-Jazz Deliciously Sampled (The Bonzos vs Norman Cook) - DJ Useo
10-Crescent Fresh - The Sifl & Olly Show
11-Antidance (Vocal) - Mr.Mee
12-Batman and His Grandmother - Dickie Goodman
13-I Wan'na Be Sedated - Two Tons Of Steel
14-Are You Middle Class Enough? - The Dog Police
15-No Feelings - Bananarama
16-Living In The 50's (Once More) - The Android Sisters

17-The Sickly Sweet Odour Of Old Rotting Teeth - Jonathan King

18-Voodoo Banter Rap - M.C. Python (aka The Geez)

19-Hey Rocky - Boris Badenough
20-Polka Power ('99) - Weird Al Yankovic
21-Badinerie (from the Suite in B minor) - Swingle Singers
22-Keep Your Knees Together Daughter - Madame Mame
23-Plexiglass Toilet - Styx

24-I Walk The Line - Rick Powell
25-We're Off To Go A'Whippeting - National Whippeter
26-Musical Evolution - Josie & The Pussycats

27-Wonderbread - Jobs For America
28-The Man With The Golden Winkie - Grumpy & Lumpy
29-Guess I'm Falling Into Bubbles - RIAA


3 comments:

Konrad Useo said...

So glad the podcast found favour with you.I was even able to play this one for the wife.
She really hated a few tracks,lol.
Thanks for the mention.

Mr Fab said...

"She really hated a few tracks" What...? Which ones? Could be grounds for divorce!

dj petrushka said...

Hey Mr Fab,
I hated this one,
08-Dr. Seuss - Fox in Socks - Walt Kelly
and 09-Jazz Deliciously Sampled (The Bonzos vs Norman Cook) - DJ Useo.
Also 23-Plexiglass Toilet - Styx.
I really like 29-Guess I'm Falling Into Bubbles - RIAA, really love
10-Crescent Fresh - The Sifl & Olly Show. I also have been a purveyor of goofy music all my life.
So please don't judge me too harshly.
Here's me singing a goofy song-
http://www.divshare.com/download/7756452-cb4