Sunday, March 15, 2009

Straight Outta Ireland!!

Crazy leprechaun named Mr. Fab, from the gang called Paddies with Attitude. I'm of Irish descent, so I'm allowed to say that. Wasn't crazy about all the Catholic school, but I love corned beef & cabbage. Green beer is silly, but Irish-American comedians like Carlin and Denis Leary kick butt (especially when they make fun of Catholicism.) Irish folk music rocks, and I like hearing it mixed with bizarre, funny, illogical other musics. Henceforth I present an album's worth of Celtic mashups I've collected over the past 4 or 5 years, recorded by an international line-up. No U2! Or Riverdance!

Straight Outta Ireland


1. dj BC "Da Sound Of Da Irish Police Band"
2. RIAA "London Derriere"
3. N.W.Kilts "100 Miles N Jiggin"
4. Overdub "Give it to Ireland"
5. RIAA "It's Whiskey"
6. DJ Prince "Pick Up the Harmonium"
7. dj BC "The Reel Hip-Hop"
8. The Who Boys "Devil Is Dead Metal"
9. RIAA "Compton's In The Dingle"
10. JADMIX "Rising Shadow of the Moon"
11. DJ Topcat "Boondock Pain"
12. Dj erb "I'm Sprung (dj erb's St. Patty's Remix)"
13. Cheekyboy "Qtip vs Leprechaun"
14. DJ Shyboy "Shaved Head"
15. DJ Topcat "More Than On Point"
16. JADMIX "James Street"
17. RIAA "Bagpipes 'n' Breakdancing"

The rich history of Irish America is something most Americans know nothing about. Hell, Ireland is something most Americans know nothing about. (Lesson one: we're not British. Not even from the same island. Completely different history and language.) African Americans get "Black History Month." What do we get? Shamrock Shakes. Hence, St. Patrick's Day doesn't mean much. But it could, if done right. Can't the Kennedys do something about this?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa...like the picture of leprechauns... :)

- ledz -

Mr Fab said...

Yeah, I did a Google search for "hip hop leprechauns" and it actually came up with something.

Anonymous said...

Great post, love your blog.

Mike

Irishman in Australia!

laird1979 said...

Dude - that is one helluva album. Congratulations and thanks! Compton's in the Dingle is classic!

JADMIX said...

I think I am the only Irishman on the album, I can't believe you actually put James street on it, I only made that as a joke ( took all of 10 mins and I was full of porter). Rising shadow is better.
Anyhow don't forget for volume 2 I have more Irish related mash ups, just gimme a shout. Great collection by the way,
peace , JADMIX.